|

« Home | Work Is So Crazy! » | Thanks Halo! » | It's A Girl! » | Stolen from bunny... » | Back to the world of the living... » | Worst Birthday Ever... » | In My 30's... » | Taking the easy way out... » | Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ... » | When I grow up, I want to be like.... » 

Friday, February 10, 2006 

I'm Officially Unemployed...

The place that I have fondly referred to as the abyss is no longer. After 67 years in business, we closed our doors & we were were all told we had about an hour to get our stuff & get out. Of course it took me about 2 hours to pack my office & get it all out because I had a home away from home there. We also found out that even though they had been deducting money out of our paychecks for things such as out 401k contribution, life insurance, health insurance & a few other things, they haven't been paying any of it. Not sure what recourse we have but it blows.

I'm sad for the people that have put the last 10,20,30 years into this place & have no other place to go. I know I will be fine but I feel awful for everyone else. I actually have another job that I'm supposed to begin on the 27th but it's doing the same thing & I really am ready to do something else. I have a few interviews next week for other positions & I'm really hoping to find something else.

|

About me

  • I'm carestuff
  • From Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Bunny
  • Dead Bunny
  • Zero
  • Rob
  • Dusty
  • Chicken
  • Phizz
  • Kim
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carestuff. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates