|

« Home | I'm such a pain in the ass! » | I Hate Being Sick! » | Better Living Through Chemistry? » | Testing » | Reality Sets In.... » | Another Day in Paradise... » | Nothing to say.... » 

Monday, November 22, 2004 

Ranting about everything and nothing

I've come to the conclusion that the key to any successful relationship has to be vowing to put up with each other and each others crap. (I have no idea if this is a moment of lunacy from od'ing on cold,cough,and flu meds or lucidity. Remember this is one of many of my own crazy thoughts). I think if you are blessed enough to find someone that makes you laugh, smile, and makes you happy that's what matters and you're luckier than most people.

We have these ideas about what relationships should be and sometimes end up losing our souls to become the idea only to find that we're not happy and this idea is not what you want or need. I think there are infinite people out there for each and every person and you just have to connect with them at the right time or reconnect, whatever the case may be. Not that that was ever the ultimate goal for me or any of the chicas that I hang with.

I was never one of those girls who wanted to get married and have kids, quite the opposite, indeed. However, I met someone, fell in love, got married and then our life became about everything else & we grew apart. He's a great guy & I wish only a happy life, love and lots of laughter. He happens to be one of my best friends today even though we ended up in divorce. Later ended up reconnecting with someone I dated in high school & eventually got back together & are now. He's awesome for putting up with my ass as all of my friends are! (I'm high end to put up with, cranky at times, fickle, demanding, opinionated, caddy, snarky, strong willed, independent and want everything yesterday and my way... I know, I'm trying)

I'm turning 31 next month, which sucks! Why do I dread that number because 30 so wasn't bad. The difference from being 30 and 30something or in your 30's is vast & kinda freaks me out. Why do we go through cycles and wonder why are we are where we are instead of some elusive idea or dream that we had for ourselves before? Why is getting older not celebrated as we celebrated the 14 & 1/2 birthday? I've come to the conclusions that 30's will be cool. A time to grow into my own skin & embrace how I am & what I am more than ever! I know... It's a self indulgent rant!

About me

  • I'm carestuff
  • From Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Bunny
  • Dead Bunny
  • Zero
  • Rob
  • Dusty
  • Chicken
  • Phizz
  • Kim
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carestuff. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates