|

« Home | On a road to no where... » | How do you get anywhere? » | A quiz so Amy won't kill me, buffy style » | Taking the easy way out... » | John Mayer and such » | Happy Birthday To Me! » | I'm blessed » | You say it's your birthday... » | Shameless Promotion of Myself » | It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... » 

Thursday, December 23, 2004 

Back in the day....

While Christmas shopping a few nights ago, Scott & I were talking about how different the vibe is for kids growing up in Tulsa today, than when we were young. I know, it makes me sound old but back in the day, we didn't have that many places to go & see live local bands & concerts were almost non-existent in our city. Talked about seein our first NIN show at the Cains or going to see KMFDM at various locations & IKON, back in the day.

Bunny mentioned that Tulsa kinda reminded her of Austin but I said it's not nearly as cool but it makes me happy there is actually a scene now & that downtown is being revitalization & turning into something other than a grave yard from the oil boom. I guess there was always a scene & my peops just happened to be the one's who were a little less in the mainstream, which is still very much true today. Makes me sad sometimes to see people that I once thought were cool totally assimilated to rest of the world.

I've been going through old pics as I'm digging stuff out for the ex to borrow & make copies of & it's so funny to see some of the old peops with blue, green or purple hair. I have been known to have purple or Burgundy hair from time to time & still do the burgundy thing, quite well, if I say so myself. It's also funny to see what the skater guys wore back in the day being sold at Hot Topic. Funny but in a good way, I guess. Depends on how you look at it.




About me

  • I'm carestuff
  • From Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Bunny
  • Dead Bunny
  • Zero
  • Rob
  • Dusty
  • Chicken
  • Phizz
  • Kim
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carestuff. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates